OROVILLE CEMETERY DISTRICT FLOWER REGULATIONS - Artificial Flowers can be placed on the Yellow Highlighted days for Summer 2021
OROVILLE CEMETERY DISTRICT
FLOWER REGULATIONS, 10/29/2018
The placement of flowers on the gravesites of our loved ones is a time-honored tradition. Traditionally, fresh cut flowers were used exclusively, however now artificial flowers and seasonal decorations are common. Overtime these become dirty and unsightly, creating an impression of neglect rather than remembrance. When left on the gravesites for long periods of time, they create problems for care and maintenance.
For this reason, the following regulations were adopted by the Board of Trustees:
1. Fresh cut, natural flowers are encouraged throughout the year. Flower arrangements are only allowed in the sub-surface vases, provided and installed by the Cemetery District. Agrosoke is required in all vases for the purpose of mosquito control. It is available free of charge at the District Office.
2. Artificial flowers may be placed in the sub-surface vases from November 1st through March 1st. During these winter months, flower arrangements may contain decorations consisting of non-plant material only as an incidental part of the arrangement (non-plant decorations must be under 18” tall and placed in the sub-surface vase); however balloons are not permitted at any time. When the artificial flowers and/or floral arrangements start to discolor, fade or deteriorate, they will be removed and disposed of by cemetery personnel.
2a. Niches (Alpha A & B) decorations will be limited to the vases provided below and in front of the niche walls. Fresh or artificial flowers may be used. All decorations must be placed only in the vases provided. No decorations will be placed in the openings or spaces of the Niche Fascia. Nothing shall be glued or attached to the Niche Fascia. All flowers/decorations must be under 18” tall and contained in the vases provided, during holidays and non-holidays.
3. Holiday Decorations: Artificial flower arrangement/decorations are also permitted during Federal and State recognized Holidays as well as Father’s Day, Mother’s Day and Easter and will be allowed to remain for the week before and after the holiday. For Holidays falling between March 1st and November 1st (summer mowing season) flower arrangements and decorations must be under 18” tall and must be contained to the headstone and/or sub-surface vase. Potted plants are allowed if contained to the headstone.
During the Christmas season holiday, potted plants and trees under 48” tall are permitted and will be removed the first week of January. Holiday decorations must be contained in the sub-surface vase and/or the headstone.
Small flags for US Veterans are allowed for the Memorial Day Holiday and Veterans Day and will be allowed to remain for one week.
4. Non-floral, stand-alone decorations are not permitted (i.e. glass, metal, pottery, plastic, rock or wooden objects of any sort). These objects include but are not limited to; balloons, beverages, trinkets, statues, food, wreaths, glass/plastic vases, potted plants (See Item #3), wooden objects, stuffed animals and toys.
5. No person or persons shall place or pour any sand, gravel, rocks, cement, casting plaster, wax or metal of any type in the sub-surface flower vases provided by the Cemetery District.
6. No person shall plant any tree, shrub, bush or flowers on the cemetery grounds or in vases. Donations for trees are encouraged, but these trees will be selected and planted under the direction of cemetery management.
7. Every reasonable effort will be made to care for flowers and/or artificial flowers placed on the gravesites. However the Oroville Cemetery District will in no way assume liability for damage or vandalism done to flowers or artificial decorations. Neither will the Cemetery District or its personnel be responsible for anything placed at a gravesite of a movable character that may be lost, stolen or misplaced.
We respectfully request that these regulations be observed. For questions regarding these regulations, please inquire at the district office located on the cemetery grounds.